- These instructions are intended specifically for setting up a new email account on mac Mail under OS X 10.11.1 (El Capitan)
- Need instructions for an older version? Coming Soon
- For help with general email account settings, see How To Setup Any Email Client
Step #1: Create the Account
- Launch Mail by clicking on its icon in the dock. Under the Mail menu, select Add Account.
- On the Choose a Mail account provider... screen, select the circle button next to Other Mail Account and click the Continue button.
- On the Add a Mail Account screen, enter your name, the email address and the email account's password.
Step #2: Account Settings
- At this point, you should see an additional popup window with a place for you to add additional settings.
- You will need to ensure that all the fields are completed:
- Email Address is the full email address you're setting up.
- User Name also is the full email address.
- Password is the email account's password.
- Account Type will be IMAP or POP, depending on your preference. For its ability to keep email in sync across multiple devices (desktop, laptop, phone, tablet, etc), IMAP generall is recommended.
- Incoming and Outgoing Mail Server
- Both the Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server will need to be set to the following hostname: mail.bhmhosting.com
Step #4: Finishing Up
- Ensure that the box next to Mail is checked and then click on Done to complete the setup.
Congratulations! You're now ready to start using the Mail app with Backhouse Media's server.